Redeemer Bible Church has a long history of engagement in the global mission, going all the way back to its beginnings in the 1960’s. It is easy to see that the founders of this church had a heart for reaching other cultures with the gospel. In recent years, these efforts have ebbed and flowed with the normal ups and downs of daily life in a local church.
This winter, we re-launched a fresh initiative with a new team and a new name: Global Partners. Our desire is to act upon Redeemer Core Value #12:
Global Christianity: The gospel is good news for all the peoples of the world. The gospel motivates us to plant churches around the world among every tribe, nation, kingdom, and language beginning where we are and extending outward to all the unreached peoples of the earth (Matt 28:18-20). Therefore, we aim to be involved in the planting of churches with the same gospel-centered core values into every city and people group within the Twin Cities, the United States, and the world.
There will be much more to share in the coming months, and you may want to know how we landed on the name, Global Partners. For now, I simply want to share with you the core convictions that our team developed together last month. These are what will drive everything we do as we seek to renew Redeemer’s efforts to fulfill our calling as a church, to reach the nations.
1. We believe that God is calling His people to join Him in a passion for seeing His Name proclaimed amongst every tribe, tongue, and nation of the earth.
2. We believe that the Gospel itself is the true source of motivation and power in giving ourselves for the cause of global missions.
3. We believe that God is uniting His children, and calling us to welcome and embrace people from every ethnicity and culture, striving to show no partiality, by the grace of God.
4. We believe that in this day, God is forging ministry from everywhere to everywhere, calling us to humble partnership, both serving and being served, teaching and learning from others.
5. We believe that God cares about all needs, including spiritual, physical, social, and psychological, with an emphasis on seeing souls regenerated to eternal life.
6. We believe that every child of God is included in the Lord’s Great Commission to go or send into all the world and proclaim the Gospel in word and deed.
7. We believe that in our own strength we are powerless to effect God’s kingdom and thus are to be prayerfully dependent on the power and love of a God who is eager to answer and empower.
8. We believe that God is calling us to step out of our comfort zones and trust Him to do more than we can ask or think.
9. We believe that God is a relational God who knows us intimately and thus calls us, not to an ambiguous cause, but to minister as individuals and to individuals.
10. We believe that missions is ultimately about the global worship of the triune God, which will expand from now to the return of Christ, and will continue through His eternal rule and reign in the New Heavens and the New Earth.
Explore More About This Ministry
For more information about Missions at Redeemer, please contact Bill Walsh.